The latest Feature and Highlights “leak” regarding SharePoint 2010 – More than “They changed the name”
April 11, 2019 By Paul Swider
There will be many new features, more then 2007. Some of the new ones include.
- Users will be able to create, edit and collaborate on Office documents through a browser using Office Web Applications.
- It would help the IT Professionals in choosing either to deploy or manage on-premises or hosted as a service.
- This version of SharePoint would include Open API’s for the developers for industry standards
- This version of SharePoint would also provide developer tool support with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- IT professionals will be benefiting from a new delivery and new licensing models as well as from improved management options.
- These products will be able to provide a familiar interface across PCs, mobile phones and browsers to make it easier for them to create, communicate and collaborate from any location.
- This will also help the developers to reduce their development cycles and improve application interoperability.
- The server software will be 64 bit only.
- In this version SharePoint Lists will be having SQL table like behavior.
- This version will be having Silverlight webparts instead of Asp.Net Webparts.
- Backup/Restore/Rollback and Snapshot backups with virtual load balancing.
- InfoPath style web-based editor will be included in the new version of SharePoint.
- Users will be able to customize the master page in a better way.
- Groove and SharePoint will be fully integrated.
- New enhancements in the Excel Services.
- The User interface will be more customizable using DIVs rather than using table-driver design.
- A web standards complaint user interface.