10 Reasons to use PowerApps Common Data Service Instead of a Database
June 11, 2019 By Paul Swider
When to use CDS over a database is a common source of confusion for new PowerApps developers. Here are 10 great reasons to use CDS over a traditional database. Short and sweet with many links.
- Solutions framework (DevOps)
- PowerApps Portals
- Security roles
- Record ownership
- Secure field profiles and DLP
- Business process flows
- Server side code
- Web API/Web Resources
- Industry accelerators ie: healthcare entities in healthcare accelerator
- Segmented CDS environments
- Share with Office 365 Groups.
What is the difference between CDS entities and SharePoint lists? Watch this 3 minute explanation.